Second Grade Math Goals
by the end of this year a second grader should be able to say:
1. I can read, write, and order whole numbers up to 1,000.
2. I can demonstrate fluency with basic addition and subtraction facts that include numbers 0-9.
3. I can use place value to describe whole numbers between 10 and 1,000. Using base ten blocks, I can represent and rename numbers.
4. I can tell time to the nearest 5-minute mark.
5. I can show 2 different ways to group a value of coins (including pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters).
6. I can measure a line segment to the nearest half-inch and centimeter.
7. I can analyze information from a graph, table, and chart.
8. I can solve multi-digit addition and subtraction problems.
9. I can estimate sums and differences up to 100.