|High Frequency Words
Kindergarten Reading ELOs
This is a great web-based program for practicing reading. We will use it during reading groups, and you will receive a login and password for your child to use at home.
(Essential Learner Outcomes)
- I can hear and say sounds.
- I can match sounds to letters.
- I can match letters to sounds.
- I can write three letter words.
- I can name uppercase and lowercase letters.
- I can name beginning and ending sounds.
- I can find and say rhyming words.
- I can read at least 20 high frequency words.
- I can use naming words.
- I can use describing words.
- I can use telling words.
- I can use clues to say what a word means.
- I can answer questions about a story.
- I can make predictions about a story.
- I can write or draw about a story.
- I can say the main characters in a story.
- I can tell about what happened in the story,
- I can retell the beginning, middle, and end of the story.